Treating ALL Customers Fairly
At Opal, we’re committed to upholding the highest standards in all of our interactions with our customers. Our overall objective is to treat our customers fairly and we demonstrate this by being professional, honest and transparent at all times. We ensure that the information we provide is clear, accurate and easy to understand. We also ensure these standards are consistently maintained, we make sure that our employees receive training on how to provide a high level of customer service and that this training is refreshed on a regular basis.
If you are a micro business then you are entitled to a special standard of treatment and protection that has been established by Ofgem to provide both transparency and clarity. You can see this fully described at Ofgem.
A micro business is defined as a business that:
- Employs fewer than 10 employees (or their full time equivalent)
- and has an annual turnover or balance sheet no greater than €2 million; or
- Consumes not more than 100,000 kWh of electricity per year; or
- Consumes not more than 293,000 kWh of gas per year.
However, at Opal, we believe that ALL customers should be entitled to the same level of fairness and transparency. That’s why we make no distinction between a micro business and any other size of business.
This means the following for ALL of our customers:
- Contract end dates and notice periods on all bills;
- A standard 30 day termination notice period for all contracts;
- Clear terms and conditions;
- The same pricing for both new and existing customers; and
- Immediate termination of deemed contracts.