If you are moving premises then you will need to arrange a brand new gas supply contract for your new premises and ensure that you have informed your previous supplier of your move and agreed a final meter reading with them. Under “Change of Tenancy” regulations, gas contracts automatically terminate when you leave your old premises and cannot be transferred.
While the incumbent gas supplier at your new premises will continue to supply gas to you, this will be at “Deemed Contract Rates” which can be more than double or even triple the market rate for business gas. The problem will often only become apparent when the first invoice arrives from the supplier, which could be several months later.
For Existing Customers
- The date of your move;
- The address of the new property;
- A meter reading on, or close to your move out date of your old premises;
- A meter reading on, or close to your move in date of your new premises;
- Any meter details for the new property (meter number/serial number);
- Lease agreement/ ownership documents; and
- Name and contact number of the landlord;
For New Customers
Please give us a call on 0300 400 4444 or Contact Us as soon as you can.
Armed with this information, we’ll ensure that you are switched to a competitive Opal Gas tariff as quickly as possible at your new premises and avoid Deemed Contract Rates. We’ll also help you finalise things with your previous supplier.